Saturday 5 April 2014

MY HUBAND



MY HUSBAND

I shiver when the night falls.
For sleep I will not have in my bed.
Mama, you never told me marriage was like this,
For my husband is another in the night.
No... His not a night dancer
He doesn't even snore
What he does is summed up in only one word
Stamina!!!

From January to December
I always have a bun in my oven
I never have time for my self
Am always looking after his very many children.


He tore my moon beads,
He threw away my pills,
He doesn't want the injection,
My only hope for family planning
To him am not a woman
To him I have no say on my body
To him am not am equal

I never attend village weddings
I never attend women circles
How can I fit?
How can I be accepted?
Am the example they give........
Don’t be like that woman they gossip.
She has a football team of children.
Hahahahahahaahahah
All the women burst out in laughter.
As am passing by from the local market.


Mama, I miss my youth
I miss my teenage
Gone are my succulent breasts
His children have sucked the life out of my breasts
Oh oh but it is him that I dread
For his teeth, don't know tender breasts

Gone are my nice thighs
The thighs that would terrorize all the village boys
Oh oh in the night they disappear
For his styles in the night
Don’t know tender thighs like mine

I look older than I am.
I dress older than I am.
Mama Mama.
Not another night.
Not another night.
With my husband.
Am going back with you.
Am coming home to my,
Fathers house.

 poem by Nada
With the increased rate of unwanted pregnancies and abortions, most girls,women have no say when it comes to choosing and using a family planning method in. concentration is put on how many children the man wants and never what the woman wants so she suffers in silence.



I submitted my photo for the

WIN 2 NIGHTS FOR 2 AT THE EXOTIC PINEAPPLE BAY

So please  vote for me. you dont have to be ugandan to vote me. so vote ..vote vote

                                                      Please vote for this picture
via 

or their website http://thepearlguide.co.ug/


LOVE YER ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment